Experience a lifetime of investing, while learning lessons that will last a lifetime.
Your goal is to turn $10,000 into $100,000 in less than three months.
Sound tough? It's not in the world of StreetSage. That's because StreetSage is a virtual stock market that simulates 25 years of investing in only 10 weeks.
As a StreetSage investor, you'll make decisions based on realistic information with realistic results, and you'll have plenty of time to build wealth... or not. Either way, you'll gain valuable knowledge about picking, holding, and selling stocks. The experience will serve you well when it's time to put your own money to work making more in the real world market.
The StreetSage Stock Market
StreetSage is the first teaching tool to accurately illustrate the virtues of long-term investing using a 25-year game-simulation. Time passes evenly over the 10-week period—each week equals 2.5 years in game-time.
StreetSage is entirely comprised of fictional companies, financial data, and news items. Everything that you see was drawn from extensive research of hundreds of companies since 1960 to precisely model the U.S. stock market
Besides its accelerated pace, StreetSage differs from the real world in that:
- You pay all taxes and commissions immediately, rather than at year end.
- StreetSage's calendar holds no significance to historical events. Its only purpose is to provide a perspective of time.
Despite its fictional nature, StreetSage mimics the real world in that:
- Taxes are assessed on dividends (cash payouts to stock owners) are 15%.
- Taxes are assessed on capital gains (the profit made between the selling and original purchase price) are 15% if you held the stock for more than one year and 35% otherwise.
- Each transaction, purchase or sale, carries a commission charge of $50
- You must choose your investments wisely because not all of them will thrive.